Friday, October 29, 2010

Cynthia Crossfire's Meltdown

My car had a meltdown last week.  Unfortunately for me Cynthia Crossfire decided to have her meltdown on the mitchell freeway during peak hour traffic.  After hearing a muffled noise I suddenly thought "is that my car making that noise"  after I turned down my boom box, indeed it was my car making a very strange noise that definately warranted pulling over.  I sat there for 5 minutes after trying to call my husband to ask him for car advice hmmmm why did I do that? ? a woman in crisis I think was my reasoning.  Of course he had no idea so I was left to my own devices.  I decided to give Cynthia the benefit of the doubt and headed back into mainstream traffic, only to be once again hit with a very loud muffly kind of noise, definately time for real help. 

I called the Chrysler help line, yes I know the correct terminology "roadside assistance" and they very kindly sent a tow truck.  After about 10 games of solitaire, totally bored and slightly dizzy from the cars rushing past shaking my car, my day could only get better and perhaps I could end up with a muscle clad tow truck driver but alas as per the norm it was a hairy butt crack.  The worst part about the day was trying to get into the truck which was at least a meter hike up whilst wearing a pencil skirt but that turned out to be the least of my problems.  I had pulled over in the emergency lane and the truck was so close to the outside freeway lane that I had to time the passing cars and stand pressing myself into the truck's side door as the cars were whizzing by at 120km per hour.  I then had to yank the door open, try to get my bag inside as I pulled myself into the truck's cab petrified of the door being hit by a passing car.  Yikes so scary!

Anyways, after a couple of days in the mechanics Cynthia was given a clean bill of health and I am non the wiser of the cause of the problem.  Hopefully she will continue to behave and time her meltdowns better.

No comments:

Post a Comment