Friday, October 22, 2010

When is the man bag OK

When is the man bag OK? 

I bought my husband a man bag last christmas, he cringed at the thought but I was so sick of seeing him hold a disgusting canvas bag, handed out at some conference that he went to that I purchased a satchel type Ben Sherman man bag.  He said he was unsure about it but he did take it to work and yes he was ridiculed for carrying a man bag, hence to say he usually leaves it in his car. 

I think it is all depends on how you carry the said man bag, if you have it perched on your shoulder then yes it is reminiscent of a ladies handbag but if you carry it crossed over your shoulder it does look much more manly.  My husband kind of carries it in his hand screwed up slightly as if to make it smaller looking and less noticible.

I say men carry your man bags proudly and more importantly manly.  Maybe its just me but I also love a man with a scarf but that is better left for another blog .......

3 comments:

  1. Jeff carries his under his eyes - does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha that is so funny man bags obviously come in all shapes and sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. geez.....I totally interpreted that wrong.. If he get his man bags (err I mean man bag) over his shoulder then he can carry them however he effing well pleases! You rock brosef...

    ReplyDelete