Tuesday, October 5, 2010

White versus Tanned

During the recent Grand Final my girlfriend and I hit the shops for a bit of retail therapy.  As I was trying on numerous skirts for a work purchase she yelled out to me "you need to get some fake tan on those legs".  I replied "I do already have fake tan on my legs", she mumbled something along the lines of "jesus woman".

Now I do love my friend dearly but she is a major sun worshipper, when I said to her that she is mad sun baking in 40 degrees, she shrugged and said no way I can't do 40, 38 is perfect!!!  I would be frazzled in about 10 minutes and would probably end up with heat stroke.  So when she said to me later that afternoon as we were sipping champagne "I would hate to be born your colour".  I just looked at her and said I hate to break it to you but you were love, I have seen your arse and it is no different to the colour of mine.  You may look chocolate brown to everyone else but your arse is as white as the day you were born. 

Yes I am pale but I am not blue white, I still tan up in summer, no I do not go a deep brown but I do take the glow of my legs so people can leave their sunglasses on whilst my legs are on display.  When did pale skin go out of fashion, what happed to beautiful english rose skin or peaches and cream?  I must admit after having a spray tan (that did not turn out a lovely shade of orange) I did look healthier and more radiant.  So this summer I will be applying my fake tan to get that golden glow but people there is nothing wrong with white!

8 comments:

  1. my god that is so funni cant stop laughing glad know one know who i am xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh shit i just put my name up drrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. white skin will never go out of fashion. It is revered upon as royalty and of pure blood desired by asians whom button from head to toe in long shirts and trouser's whilst working in anyform of sunlight to keep their skin pale, middle eastern & european men adore pale skin, for it's equisite feminity and purity of woman, the worlds most top leading actresses & models have pale skin & the amount of skin bleaching creams sold worldwide prove beyond doubt people with darker skin are desiring fairer skin. Not only do fair skinned beauties retain their age far better their skin is as soft as a babies not wrinkled and heavily leathered as those that adorn the sun especially in later years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks Cindy, I am still going to fake tan my legs though ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, not me, I haven't commented yet!

    I have a Tradies tan in summer - brown arms and legs below the knee. Who said thong marks weren't attractive, and I don't mean the knickers type of thong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe you thought that was me.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry Cindy, I didn't read the name properly and I am so used to you being the only one to comment!

    ReplyDelete