Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tour de Mindarie

I bought my husband a push bike for fathers day and he has been getting up at 5.45 am and riding three times a week, I suggested to him that it would be nice for me to get a bike too so I can come along.  I am not a morning person of which he is well aware of so he kind of went hmmmmm.  Then proceeded to say "well its 5.45am and I don't mess around, I get up and go and thats it, I wont be waiting for you" any romantic notion I had of going for lovely rides together went out the window, do I really want to do this at that time in the morning??  Anyway I came home for work yesterday and he surprised me with a very lovely powder blue bike with  a matching helmut, yeeaah I was very excited.

I awoke this morning (not 6.00am) a respectible 8.30 and went to hop on my bike, my husband had already waked our dogs and he agreed to come with me, I am sure it was only to ensure that I did not topple off the bike or get hit by a car ha ha.  He laughed that I had colour co-ordinated my top with my bike, he said "that is so you" I replied that it was purely by fluke but yes I had colour co-ordinated my top with my bike, how totally dorky!  I had my ipod playing with my ear plugs in and as I yelled out to my husband "god this seat hurts your fanny" a bloke was walking past the house with his dogs, a smirk plastered on his face.  I quickly removed my headphones and thought they were better left at home.

Off we went and had a lovely ride, although i felt like a middle eastern bride as my man was always at least 4 bike lengths ahead of me, maybe it was because of my colour co-ordination!!!  Looking forward to my 5.45am ride, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment