Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Neck Spasm from Hell

how does this happen?  I am cruising along having a lovely Saturday morning, up at 6.20, yes crazy I know don't know why just happened to wake up, typical, cant get up during the week and Bing! wide awake on Saturday at 6.20.  Went to yoga at 9.30, feeling very energized, home at 11.30, had a shower and whilst I had lifted my arms up to wash my hair, it struck, a neck spasm.  In that split second my neck was immobile, I couldn't move to my head to the left and hardly any movement to the right, and as the incredible pain radiated down my shoulders I knew this wasn't going to be good.

I rushed to physio, thankfully he agreed to see me as he was just finishing up his last patient for the day, it was so acute that he couldn't really do much so I was sent home with instructions of taking anti inflammatories, panadol, heat and wait for it, a soft collar that I am to wear all weekend ...... .  This neck brace, apart from being so very uncomfortable, leaving me looking like a giraffe, it is so totally unflattoring, with your excess chin folds squeezing over the top, hence to say I have only worn it when I am at home, there is no way the video shop is ready for my hideous portrayal of Magda Subankzi's skit in Fast Forward, the one where they were swingers, she wore a collar and had gross greasy hair and her husband was Victor, the very unattractive man.  I know that I look nothing like that as my hair is at least clean but when I put the collar on, I just get that picture in my head, not pretty!

Anyway, back to the physio on Monday so hopefully he will fix me up, I must say I wasn't impressed when he asked how I did my neck, this was followed by how old are you now, and after I replied, he just said mmmhmmmm.  I thought they said life begins at 40!

1 comment:

  1. I bet you look stunningly attractive in the neck brace.....We're all waiting for the photos you know!

    The 40's are such fun, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete