Monday, November 1, 2010

Searching for Inspiration

I have started a pastel course, thank you Cindy, you are a wonderful teacher, I am learning lots of new techniques and skills.  I promise to put some finished work up soon. 

I needed some inspiration so we headed out to Yanchep on Sunday morning to take photos of the breaking waves and sand dunes.  My next pastel attempt is going to be rocks so they were photographed in earnest too.  It was a lovely day, beautiful weather, slightly windy but still warm, the beach was utterly deserted. 

The only problem was the flies, they were rampant, I managed to eat three as it was so difficult for me to keep my mouth closed, I am a talker after all!  Totally hideous, after three spit outs, I vowed to keep my mouth closed for the rest of the time ..... not an easy thing to do.  I have never seen so many flies at the beach, I guess it is the time of year when all the baby flies hatch??  they seem to be the totally irritating little flies that never give up, I had to take my hat off in the end and use it as a weapon.  As we were leaving the beach some tourists arrived taking photos they had their tshirts on their heads and were waving their hands around everywhere, now if us Aussies think the flies are bad, then they will be suffering big time!!!








2 comments:

  1. Wonderful shots Ann - I hope to see 15 finished paintings! Bring them all along to class as well!

    Yes the flies are shocking - they just want to live on your eyeballs.

    I've not been near the computer for a looong time (head down, bum up at the drawing table), so it was lovely to see your art inspiration this morning.

    Hope the car is behaving itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I just need you to help me with rocks first and I am still not convinced about the bushes. Oh and I also need to learn about putting the posts in.... will be racking your brains tomorrow.... then I promise head down, bum up at the drawing table! But for today its off to Coco's for bubbles, Priorities!!!

    ReplyDelete