Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Burn Baby Burn

On a lovely overcast morning, I headed off for a walk, I decided to walk to my friends house which took me approximately 30 minutes.  It was 10am and although it was warm it was very overcast and the sun was not shining brightly.  I arrived at my friends and she announced that we were taking her dogs for a walk/run down the beach.  Off we went, and frolicked down the beach for another 30 minutes.  It was such a gorgeous morning, if you are ever depressed take two golden retrievers down the beach with a ball and you cannot help but laugh as they bound over and over again into the sea full of love, life and energy.  It is a sure fire way to perk up anyone's day.  Just watch out for your toes for when a 40 kilo dog lands on your foot, you can be sure it will hurt like hell and bruise your toe nail!

We headed back to my friends house, she made me a delicious healthy lunch and after begging exhaustion she kindly dropped me back home to save my legs.

Around 3pm in the afternoon, I noticed a red patch on my neck, weird I thought just getting burnt in that one spot.  I had however put sun cream on my face, it is a ritual that I stick to religiously.  By 4pm my chest, back and shoulders were bright red, I was so badly burnt, I couldn't believe it, I was so mad at myself for allowing this to happen but it was so unexpected when it wasn't even particularly hot.

Here is the lovely snapshot to prove it, this is what I sent through to my very very brown girlfriend that manages to lie in the sun at 37 degrees for most of the day attempting to get more tanned.  I wonder if you only go a certain colour and then that's it, you couldn't possibly get any browner.  Considering that she has come back from Bali and managed to retain most of her tan, unlike me, my tan washed off within a week, she is well ahead of anyone in the tanning department.


Please ignore my double chin, it was taken with my iphone and believe me I had to delete three of the photos just hideous!

After I sms'd my dear friend this photo, she replied that she was "totally pissing herself laughing at me, and to rub some aloe vera on it and to cover up chalky" She however had no burn marks whatsoever!

So people , it just goes to prove it doesn't matter what the temperature is just sun block up!!!

2 comments:

  1. u bloody idiot cant stop laughing wat r u like woman xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm bringing you an aloe plant!

    LOVE the paintings in the previous post - well done you!!!

    ReplyDelete