Thursday, September 2, 2010

Is Bikram Yoga Good for you - Part 2

Well tried my second class of Bikram yoga yesterday, and I have to say it wasn't nearly as bad, sure it is still hot and you sweat incredibly and for some reason as I looked around, I seemed to have the reddest face in the class, why does no one else end up looking like a beetroot?

My poses were held for longer, my balancing was better and I felt more able to concentrate on the yoga as opposed to the heat. 

After my 90 minute class, I guzzled my water and realised I felt stronger, taller, energised.  I came home ate a few almonds to appease my grumbling tummy, had a shower, did my food shopping still feeling fantastic.  I made a healthy lunch, sat outside in the sun and read my book, before I knew it I was awoken by the neighbours kids playing out the front, I had taken a mini nana nap totally exhausted but it was only for 15 minutes and I jumped up to continue my day.

Am I converted? maybe, I have even manged to convince others to give it a go..... after reading my first blog on Bikram, are they crazy?

"what lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Give Bikram a go, you never know you might even like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment