Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Why is a day off never really a day off?

Well hump day is my day free from work, I don't have to fight the traffic to get to work, I am free to do whatever I like for the day.

Then why is it that I always end up being so much busier on my day off than if I actually went to work?  Why are women so bothered by dust?  men never seem to notice it but personally I cannot relax if the floor is coated with dog and cat hair or if I need to be doing a load of washing or that the dishwasher needs emptying. 

Today I dropped my son off at school and went to the gym, feeling fantastic exercise done by 9am, will shower, go food shopping early and be done with my chores by 11, plenty of time for myself remaining in the day.  Instead I came home and got obsessed with the house, dusted, rearranged ornaments, cleaned the kitchen, basically spring cleaned.  Am I mad!!  I actually have a cleaner who does this for me every second week but these things were starting to bug me and my obsessive nature compelled me to clean.  Now I am sitting here blogging and it is 11am, I still haven't showered, i still need to go food shopping and I have set my self way behind the 8 ball !!!

Maybe its not all women, Is it just my aries star sign?  We constantly have this inner need to be busy, to work on 5 things at once, to strive for perfection which is a totally ridiculous notion but it is a curse of the Arians.  Doing yoga is helping me in a way try to live in the moment, enjoy what you are doing at the time, one thing at a time, learn not to sweat the small things, a little dust never hurt anyone.  Its a work in progress, but at least for now I have a lovely clean house and I'm off for that shower and then food shopping awaits......

3 comments:

  1. It's a constant struggle!

    I find that if I have deadlines for paintings, then call me Queen of Prorastintaion.

    All of a sudden I find that I need to do the washing, the dishes, weeding, emails, blah, blah, blah. All so I don't have to confront The Blank Canvas.

    I have learnt to splash a bit of colour on a brand new canvas so it isn't new anymore, and then I'm off!

    And I let Jeff do the dusting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy I saw your pastel beach picture in the flesh at Frendz today, OMG it is so beautiful, if I can put out something like that after doing your pastel course, I am going to be one happy camper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ann!

    I picked it up yesterday arvo from Chris the Framer next store and gave it straight to Wilna at Frendz. I was supposed go back today to drop in the Step-by-Step demo board (of the same painting), but got side tracked.

    I'll get there sometime tomorrow and then to Chris for more framing.

    I feel whacked and it's only Wednesay.

    LOOOVED your red bikini lady BTW. More please!

    Cheers,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete