Friday, September 10, 2010

The things you can't tell your kids off for

I had a call from one of my son's teachers on Wednesday saying that he had been given an afterschool detention, just one of the many that my son has had to endure.  The teacher then told me what had happened "today during class, your son hit me on the backside with a ruler"  I incredulously said "what?  he hit YOU on the backside with a ruler" he reiterated in fact this was correct.  I instantly swallowed my snigger and said that unfortunately my son sometimes oversteps the mark with teachers that he deems to be "cool".  This teacher did explain that my son's reasoning was "I thought you were cool Mr ...... ".  I agreed that it was not appropriate and I stated that I would talk to my son about his abhorrent behaviour.

4 Oclock came and I heard my son walk through the door and I just burst out laughing and said "don't hit your teacher on the bum with a ruler" he started laughing too and agreed he thought it was a good thing to do at the time but now in hindsight he wouldn't be doing it again.  He thought he would be in trouble, but honestly how can you tell your kid off for that?

We went to the physio the next day as my son had hurt his knee and the physio said jokingly that beloved son would k'need (joke get it?) a week off school, I quickly explained that he sits down all class time and as he has detention most lunch times anyway he would not be in need of time off school.  We told the physio about my son's latest fiasco and he cracked up laughing and said "thats what legends are made of" the kids in the class must have totally lost it.  Upon leaving he stopped my son and asked for his autograph as he was a legend and was going to frame his signature. 

So folks the lesson to remember here is "don't hit your teacher on the bum with a ruler!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment