Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Moon - Part 1

Have you seen the moon lately?  It is so luminously beautiful, it is not a full moon but only a partial crest but the way is is illuminated you can see the outline of the entire moon.  It has been directly over the ocean and lights up the sea below, it looks quite striking and there is what appears to be a bright star directly in the west, it is in fact Venus shining brightly.

I tried to take a photo last night as it has been drawing me out every evening to take a look at this fabulous moon, the photo doesn't do it justice but it was the best my lens could do




My friend told me today that you need to bow to the moon and turn your wallet over three times to get an abundance of money.  I had never heard this one before, she also told me that to get wealth in your life you needed an expensive red wallet and to keep it orderely.  Well I have to say this has kinda worked my purse is quite often empty but I am never totally poor and just when you are desperate, a hidden $20 is found in one of the many hidden compartments of my expensive wallet, aaah  there is nothing better than finding hidden money.  So maybe there is something in this moon business?

After doing some research, indeed it is considered bad luck to point at the moon.  When a new moon is seen for the first time it should be greeted respectfully with a bow or curtsey in its direction.  Bowing three or nine times, wishing during the process was also done.  It has always been customary to turn over silver in one's pocket upon first seeing the new moon as this means there will be plenty of money during the coming month.

The moon has me intrigued, I shall have to investigate further and report back with new updates.

Whatever comes to light from now on, regardless of what the neighbours will think, I will be bowing at the new moon and rolling my dollars over.


No comments:

Post a Comment