Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our Wonderful Freeway!

What is it about our freeway the minute we get some rain?  A few drops of rain and the freeway is a bumper to bumper nightmare, guaranteed.  It took me 1.5 hrs to get to work this morning, Mindarie to South Perth.  The congestion started at Ocean Reef Road and was a continuous stop start.  Thank god for automatic cars, I would have one hell of a left thigh if I had a manual.  Then, as if it were god parting the sea, the traffic suddenly disperses and it flows through again as if there were no prior congestion, I just don't get it!

Whilst I was daydreaming my way through the traffic, I was thinking why hasn't someone invented a car that had a brake and an accelerator button on the steering wheel so you didn't have to lift your leg up and down all of the time.  Even better if we had an automatic button that we could close off the windscreen, type the destination into the GPS and wake up just in time to hear the annoying GPS lady announce our arrival.  I know, wishful thinking but technology is constantly astounding us.  I guess by the time that happens no body will actually go to a specific work place it will all be done remotely.  Can't wait for that day!

1 comment:

  1. Weren't the roads a shocker!

    I was driving up your way to teach this arvo and Marmion Ave was crawling along in the bucketing rain. Coming home was even worse, after packing a full boot of groceries in the rain. Happily, a lovely Trolley Boy helped me get it all in the boot before I was drenched through.

    Someone asked me about Oil painting today - have you done much in this medium?

    Cheers,

    Cindy

    PS, I tried to comment here this afternoon, but it apologised when it wouldn't let me. Blogger must have been having "a moment".

    ReplyDelete