Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Florence, Italy

I had such high hopes for Florence, I was told by so many people I would fall in love with Florence but it was not love at first sight.  Very different to Rome, more graffiti, smelly streets, winding narrow roads.

We were only there for three days and I think it is a place that you reflect on later and realise that it is actually very pretty.  Florence is like Melbourne, a very arty city but it is hidden and you have to discover it bit by bit. The Duomo is very beautiful, an amazing piece of architecture.  Towards the hills near the Ponte Vecchio bridge is very pretty.  I think Florence is one of those cities that you need an introduction to, I think the best restaurants are probably down the dingy looking alley ways and there is magic if you know where to look. 





I mean really, the Uffizi Gallery is in Florence, my favourite painting of all time is in the Uffizi Gallery, Botticelli's Venus, such a beautiful painting, you are not allowed to take a picture but I stuck one anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment