Friday, October 21, 2011

Early Mornings are Actually Pretty Nice!

I woke up early for some strange unknown reason but I was wide awake and an hour before my alarm was due to bleet at me, no triple snooze for me today. 

My husband walks our dogs every morning at 5.45 so when he mumbled to me "are you coming for a walk" I sat up, opened one eye, judging if the day was worth my while or if I should lay back down and sleep some more.  I think he stumbled off without me and once I saw the rays of sunlight I yelled "I'm coming, wait for me!"

He is not known for his patience first thing in the morning, when he is ready to go, he is ready to go.  I stumbled out of bed looking for a pair of trackies but couldn't find anything through my hazy vision, I half contemplated walking in my pjs but couldn't actually bring myself to do it so I pulled on jeans and rushed out the door.  I grabbed my camera and faced the morning time Nazi who informed me he was now 4 minutes behind schedule!!!

The morning was truely sensational, the yellow golden light spreading across the paths and shining through the trees.  The shadows were so magnificant, hues of blue, yellow, pink and lilac.  I love the play of light and the facsinating shadows it creates. 

The dogs were smiling, I took a few photos of them running through the grasses, photos  of the coastline with the blue grey shadows and the pink sand against the white wash as the waves were breaking just gorgeous.  I also took close ups of the local eagle as he gazed out to sea.  Half way around the camera was getting a bit heavy and annoying but I was happy I had lugged it with me.

Once home I settled down with my morning cup of tea and grabbed my camera to view my pictures but alas when I went to view them it's a good idea to make sure your memory card is inserted first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment