Monday, May 23, 2011

Rome Part 3

Shopping is a big part of Rome, Via Condotti is designer shoppers heaven.  If I had plenty of money I would seriously travel to Rome twice a year for seasonal wardrobe updates, all the major designers are all on one street, you could shop to your hearts desire.

For the more affordable range of fashion Via del Corso is a long long street that has shops, shops and more shops. 

I must say that in Italy I thought that the men were better dressed than the women, the men always had a nice shirt, designer jeans, leather shoes and a fitted jacket and always the quintassential item, a designer pair of sunnies!

The coffee in Rome was to die for!!  I am sure that they looked down their italian noses at my coffee taste as I did have an Americano Coffee which basically was a long black.  The Italians have a tiny expresso shot that resembles something like tar, they drink it standing up in little cafe's like at a bar.  Anyway the Americano coffee was the best tasting coffee I have had ever had.  I did have a few cappuchinos and they were also so yum!


We also went to a church called Santa maria Della Conzione, it is the cemetary where the bones of 4,000 capuchin monks have been arranged.  Each room depicts bones from a certain area of the body.  There is an arch crafted out of skulls, ceilings made up of collar bones, an entire room made up of pelvis', femur light fixtures.

On the last room there is a message in latin which says "what you are now, we used to be; what we are now you will be"

Was very very very bizarre, no photo's to show you are it was not allowed but I am sure you can get the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment