Thursday, May 19, 2011

Italy - Rome

I'm back after an amazing 27 days in Italy!  I have wanted to visit this country for about 10 years and finally got to do it with the two beautiful men in my life that I love dearly, my husband and my son.  Italy did not disappoint.

I will start with Rome.  Ahh Rome, I just loved this eternal city, it was fast paced, full of wonderfully dressed men and women, interesting architecture, amazing history, and winding streets just waiting to be explored.

If I had to sum up Rome if a few words I would say "Its all about the fashion, coffee, sunglasses and history".

I am going to begin with the Spanish Steps, it is one of those iconic people watching places, the day that we went the steps were really quiet, but after a couple of days, they were literally filled with people, with only a small gap to walk through to the top.  I realised how lucky we were to actually see the steps almost people free, I am sure it is a rarity.  On the steps there were people sitting, lovers kissing, people eating, people writing, people reading it was an incredible people watching place.  My favourite past time was trying to work out people's nationality, there are people from all over the world that flock to this monument.





The Pantheon is another famous building, built around a piazza and the roof has an open dome, the rain actually falls through the hole.



The Rome odyssey ...... to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment