Thursday, May 23, 2013

Portrait in Oils

My New Year's Resolution was to learn a different medium so I have thrown myself in to the deep end of learning Portraiture in Oils.  My very patient art teacher Geoff Kay is a wonderful and generous teacher sharing his knowledge quite willingly.  This is my first piece, although it seemed to take forever I am relatively happy with the results.  Learning to mix colours and the way they interact with the colours beneath is such a learning curve for me but I am loving every minute of oils and am commencing a new piece in black and white.....I will keep you posted!!

Should you be interested in dabbling in oils I can recommend Geoff's classes for either beginners or advanced students. Geoff's website is below, also check out his amazing work, seriously good!

www.geoffkay.info/#




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment