Thursday, April 5, 2012

Changing your Colour Palette

I recently attended a workshop held by Val Brooks and my aim was to loosen up my style a bit and change my colour palette.  I found this so confronting as I am used to using mainly blues and greens and whites for the sand. It was challenging to use different colours and it wasn't until I got home and finished my piece, propped it up against the wall, sat back and had my cup of tea and actually looked at the painting with fresh eyes that I began to really like it.  It has a serene feeling and I really love the rich reds and greens in the bushes.  I feel as an artist it is so important to grow and learn so I constantly try to attend different workshops held by fabulous West Australian artists throughout the year. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment