Monday, January 10, 2011

Time to Detox?

Christmas is such an enjoyable time, we don't worry about our weight, and really why not, it is the only time of year that we don't have to exercise, we can wake up when we want, read all day, watch movies, there are no demands on our life during this blissful time.  The only exercise I got during the Xmas break was getting up from my sun lounge or armchair to refil my glass or to take a dip in the pool.  It is not until we actually get back to regular life that we realise how much weight has crept on during this time. 

Why does it take so little time to put the weight on yet triple the time to lose?

I went to put on my work clothes and realised with horror that they were very very tight, yes I could do them up but the unattractive muffin top that spread over my pants was a very depressing sight.  I even tortured myself further, even though a little voice was in the back of my mind shouting "don't do it!"  Yes I stepped on the scales and nearly cried when I realised I had actually put on quite a bit of weight. 

I can almost categorize my kilos, I am going to award 1 kilo to Mr Bassett, who makes the most delicious licorice allsorts known to man and one handful is never enough, hence why I only allow myself to eat them once a year!  The second kilo is awarded to Mr Kiplings who makes exceedingly good mince pies, washed down with a cup of tea, this is the first stage of Xmas, you have had your fill of mince pies before Xmas even arrives.  The third kilo is awarded to Moet because if you are going to get fat you may as well do it in style!

So I am faced with this dilemma, do I eat salads for the next month and increase my cardio or do I start a detox.  You can't exercise and detox as you just don't have the energy.  I have done a detox before and yes I did lose weight but it is something you cannot take lightly and you have to get your head around it before you start and be fully committed.  I don't know if I can manage a detox alone, it would be nice to have a friend suffering the same fate, anybody up for a post Xmas detox?

No comments:

Post a Comment