Friday, January 7, 2011

Is Maccas a Code Word for Something Else?

My 14 year old son, who is a total sloth child at the moment has to sms me throughout the day to let me know his whereabouts during the school holidays.  They, and I say "they" as during the holidays he is almost never alone but has his usual side kicks with him, who all manage to sleep in the same bed, fully clothed I might add.  They rush out of the house the minute they wake up, which is never before 11am, he is told to be home by 5pm, which he almost never seems able to manage and always calls at 4.55 begging to be picked up.  If it was to get out of the house he would walk to the Antarctic and back yet, when he has to return his poor little legs cannot carry him.  They are odd creatures boys at that age, his friends slept over the other night and my son spent the evening on his computer playing a game while the other two sat on his bed, one playing playstation and the other playing with his phone????  They may as well have been alone....

If you scroll through my messages from the said child they range from "just got up", "going to Chippies" (the local chip shop) and the usual "going to Macca's" (McDonalds).  All he seems to do is wake up and graze on food moving from from place to place.  It got me to wondering as I am sure they are up to no good half the time, is Macca's really a code word for something else??  I have tried to stalk him on facebook but he won't add me as a friend and I can't really bring myself to go incognito and set up a dummy account just to spy on him..... although the thought has crossed my mind.

All we can do is hope and trust that they come through the otherside unscathed and don't end up obese in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment